This is part two of FLIP’s second Monkee quiz series. If you scored between 90 and 100 on FLIP’s first five-part quiz, then you’re a genuinely groovy Monkeemaniac! Here’s your second chance to see how much you know about the grooviest group!
How’d you do with last month’s ten questions about their spec summer tour? If you got at least eight of them, then you’re an outasite FLIP-er and outasite Monkee lover! If you only came up with seven (or less!) answers, then you’d better start reading your FLIPs more carefully!
And the twenty questions this month are really twenty answers. Each word (or words) means something very special to one of The Monkees. Can you match each one with the right Monkee?
Next month: The answers to these twenty tuffies, and more groovy brain-scramblers about Davy, Micky, Peter, and Mike! That’s the mad March issue of FLIP—on sale everywhere on January 9th!
Your answers to last month’s tuffies!
1. The Monkees appeared in WEMBLEY STADIUM
2. The Monkees wore arm bands in behalf of THE ROLLING STONES.
3. LYNNE RANDALL and THE SUNDOWNERS appeared on tour with them.
4. THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE left The Monkees’ tour in the middle.
5. The two press conferences were held in LONDON and NEW YORK.
6. The Monkees recorded in SAN FRANCISCO, LOS ANGELES, NEW YORK and NASHVILLE.
7. Davy spent some time in New York with Young Rascal Dino Danelli.
8. Micky was surprised with his “Indian” beads because he discovered that they were MADE IN JAPAN!
9. PETER surprised Davy with a new guitar after Davy broke his favorite one.
10. Peter’s brother and sister-in-law are NICK and BETH TORK.
About Peter, Mike, Davy & Micky!
Varna Street School.
Lynda, Hazel, Beryl.
“The Girl from Chelsea”.
Nick, Christopher, Ann Elizabeth.
The Missing Links.
Coco, Debbie, Gina.
San Antonio College.