Skip to content
December 30, 2003
- Happy Birthday Mike and Davy!
- Added “Monkees on Tour” Quotes.
- Added “Monkees on Tour” Pictures.
- Added lots of song details.
- Ever notice in Head they celebrate Mike’s birthday, but not Davy’s?
- I got a bunch of Monkee stuff for Christmas, so I’ll be scanning a bunch of pictures and typing articles up, and all that stuff.
- My birthday is tomorrow, maybe I’ll get more Monkees stuff.
December 13, 2003
November 23, 2003
November 15, 2003
November 2, 2003
October 29, 2003
October 24, 2003
October 18, 2003
- Made the non-episode pictures clearer. Hoping to do that with the episode ones too.
October 13, 2003
October 11, 2003
September 28, 2003
September 21, 2003
September 20, 2003
September 12, 2003
September 5, 2003
September 4, 2003
September 1, 2003
August 26, 2003
August 24, 2003
August 23, 2003
- Added song details to all of The Birds, The Bees & The Monkees songs (I just got the CD).
- Sorry for not many updates, I went on vacation. I’ll try to get a few more episode pictures and quotes before going back to school. ;)
August 18, 2003
August 17, 2003
August 12, 2003
August 8, 2003
August 6, 2003
August 4, 2003
August 2, 2003
August 1, 2003
July 31, 2003
July 28, 2003
July 27, 2003
July 24, 2003
July 17, 2003
- Started making the Mondegreens page.
- Transferred the lyrics from the albums after Head. The rest I’ll do tomorrow. Also, I’ll listen to some of the songs without mondegreens sometime and try to add them for every song.
July 16, 2003
July 15, 2003
July 13, 2003
- Sorry for lack of updates.
- Added a button beside all the links to the lyrics so you can listen to the midi! Well, for all of the ones that I had links to midis for. I have a few parts to “Don’t Listen To Linda” and “You Told Me” so I hope to make some midis of those, as well as a few other songs. ;) They won’t be perfect though, since I’m just playing them by ear. But I’m hoping to get at least one midi up this summer! :)
July 7, 2003
July 5, 2003
July 1, 2003
- I was watching Beat the Geeks on the Comedy Channel, and they had a Monkees question for the geek! It was “Name all members of The Monkees, and which one refused to do the reunion tour” or something like that. Sheesh, that was easy, everyone knows that! And the Music Geek is cool, ’cause he even knew that Mike’s mom invented Liquid Paper… hehe! :)
June 27, 2003
June 24, 2003
- YEEEAH! No more school ’til September! Finally! And, in September, I might get to see Davy! AHH!
- And, I got a DVD player for my computer, so I can get some good screen captures from my season 1 DVD! Woo! And I’ll add quotes too, once I’ve watched all those episodes.
- It feels like Saturday, so I keep thinking The Monkees are on. Meh.
June 20, 2003
June 15, 2003
- New link to me button. :)
- Split the lyrics page, so now it’ll load faster, and it’s easier to find what you’re looking for.
- Added Obsession.
June 14, 2003
- I’m back! :)
- Added lots of group Pictures.
- Added Greatest Hits to lyrics. I’ll be splitting it into several pages soon.
- On Quotes, now all the first season episodes are listed, as I got my season 1 DVD last Monday! :) I’ll be watching them all soon, and adding more quotes, yay!
- Added lyrics for Come On In, Unlucky Stars, It’s Not Too Late and The Crippled Lion.
June 8, 2003
- I’m going away on Tuesday, I doubt if I’ll update again before then, so I’m telling you now. ;)
- If someone could pretty please tell me a good midi making program, I would be forever grateful. Once I find a good one, I’ll make Monkees midis and put them up here! I have not ever seen a “This Just Doesn’t Seem to Be My Day” one, but I can make one once I get a midi maker! I have Midi Maker and Anvil Studio, but Anvil Studio is kinda complicated, I’m going to try to learn it though. ;)
June 6, 2003
June 3, 2003
- Added a new link to a quiz.
- Today, I was watching Beat the Geeks on the Comedy Channel. The girl challenged the TV geek. When they showed the prizes, they mentioned Rhino. Then, if you looked closely, you could see The Monkees Music Box in the right hand side of the screen!
May 31, 2003
May 28, 2003
May 26, 2003
- Added lyrics for Dream World.
- I ordered season 1 on DVD today! :)
May 18, 2003
- New layout: digital. The lyric pages still have the old layout, though.
- Added the Mondegreens page, but it’s not done yet.
- Changed the Bios page, so it will take you to each of the guys pages, instead of each of them having a button on the front page.
- Changed the Quizzes page, so you can click on a link to see my quiz results.
May 16, 2003
- Added lyrics for You’re So Good.
- “Texas Morning” and “Mama Nantucket” (both Nez solo songs) are sooo cool. Heh.
- Tomorrow The Monkees is on! I missed it last week, it was the “Monkee Mayor” episode, grr. I’ll have to wait until like August, which is when season 2 is supposed to come out.
May 11, 2003
May 9, 2003
- Added a link to a Monkees font (used on the Favorite Episodes DVD) called Beatsville.
May 7, 2003
- I’ve got some Pictures up! Not many, but it’s a start.
- Updated Lyrics pages so now you can see the lead singer.
- Added lyrics for D.W. Washburn.
May 6, 2003
May 2, 2003
April 21, 2003
April 18, 2003
- I just saw that Aida will be somewhere around here… eee! (Micky is in Aida, by the way). I checked the prices, they’re $50 or so, so I don’t think I’d be able to go. If it was all of The Monkees, then I’d definitely go! I’ve heard it’s really good.
- No new updates, sorry. I’ll add some later today.Right now it’s 1:00 a.m., so this morning I will. ;)
April 15, 2003
April 9, 2003
- Added some Quotes.
- Added all the bonus tracks from the reissued CDs to the Lyrics page.
- I’ve been working on making an RPG game. It’s “Fairy Tale” in game version. :)
April 5, 2003
- I got Changes on CD! I’ll be adding all those lyrics soon. They’ll all have song details too.
April 3, 2003
March 29, 2003
- Fixed the mouseover thing for the updates button, it wouldn’t work before.
- Added lyrics for Magnolia Simms, Tapioca Tundra, and P.O. Box 9847.
- Today, the “Captain Crocodile” episode was on. I don’t really like that version of Valleri. Or “Vallerie” as the credits say… huh. I didn’t like how Your Auntie Grizelda was sped up then slowed down either. I’ll stop complaining now. I like the version of I Wanna Be Free that was on the pilot (I’m pretty sure it was the pilot). Okee dokee. See ya. ;)
March 28, 2003
- The mouseover thing is working! Put your cursor on top of the links on the side.
March 26, 2003
- New top banner. It was also added to the Link Me section. Groovy chat room button. I’m going to change the side bar thing a bit, so it’ll be even groovier. :)
March 25, 2003
- Changed the layout a bit. I think it’s groovy, you won’t have to scroll up to see the navigation bar! And there’s cute little pictures there I made! I’m still working on another banner thing though. :)
March 22, 2003
- Changed the Lyrics page so you can now see the lyrics in alphabetical order, as well as by album!
- Added the coming soon section.
- I think I’ll make a new layout soon, something more Monkeeish.
March 17, 2003
- Huh. Today I just realized that A Little Bit Me was never on one of the albums.
- I’m currently working on midis for some of the songs. I’ll be adding some more lyrics soon. ;)
March 9, 2003
March 8, 2003
- Happy Birthday Micky!
- Hey, and it’s our one month anniversary! The site, I mean, not me and Micky… heh heh.
March 7, 2003
- Added song details to some of the songs from “The Monkees”.
March 3, 2003
- Oooh… I love when Mike does that thing when he sings… you know, like in “Sweet Young Thing” and “Love is Only Sleeping” and “You Told Me”? When he goes like “Sweet, Young Thing….gah.” or “Love is only sleeping… only sleeping….gah” or “Girls and all the games that they are playing…gah.” Lol. I love it. :) Or in “Don’t Call On Me” and he goes “Be just your kind…dah”.
February 23, 2003
- I have The Monkees Fan Quiz pictures done. I also am working on The Monkees Song Quiz. Right now there are only a few results, I plan to make more eventually though.
- Update: Quizzes finished.
- Update: I’ve found it! I’ve finally found it! Today I was looking around in my room, and I saw these little decorative license plates. The font on them looked EXACTLY like the font used in my Monkees song book. I’ve also seen that very font in many places (a paper at school, the “That ’70s Show” credits font, a Laurel and Hardy tape…), so today I decide I would find that font. I finally found it by typing in “American” (because the paper at school was the words to the song “American Pie”). And there it was, Hobo (don’t ask me what it has to do with American!). I had to keep looking for about 15 minutes more because you had to pay for that one. So, now for anyone who wants to use it, the link to download it is on the Fonts page.
February 22, 2003
- AAHH!! Today I got three Monkees records: The Monkees, More Of The Monkees and Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd. And, on The Monkees, on the back “Papa Gene’s Blues” is spelt incorrectly, (as “Papa Jean’s Blues”). But I can’t find how much it’s worth, I’ve only heard of ones with the misspelling on the front and the label… hmm…
- Update (after a few months): I’ve seen quite a few other ones with the misspelling on only the back. I think all of the Canadian ones are like that. :/
February 21, 2003
- You know? I wouldn’t want to be one of The Monkees. I was just looking at Monkees fan sites, and we are all just really… weird. Too obsessed. If I was one of The Monkees, I’d be scared.
February 20, 2003
February 16, 2003
February 15, 2003
- Bleh. Happy belated Valentines day. Valentines day sucks. :P Anyhoo, I changed the Lyrics page so now you can actually get to the links, and so they aren’t broken. :P
February 13, 2003
- Happy Birthday Peter!
- Anyway, I added the lyrics to Tear Drop City. It’s pretty groovy song, I just heard it for the first time tonight. Hmm… what else I don’t think I added anything else… except yesterday I messed up the layout so I redid it. But yeah. So, goodnight, happy birthday Peter!
February 12, 2003
- Okay, I haven’t added much today, except the quiz is done now and I added a few neat little things from Bravenet. I’m going to start on the Missing Links lyrics now. ;)
- Update: Finished all of Missing Links Volume 1. Those’ll probably be all the lyrics for a little bit (me, little bit you). :)
February 11, 2003
- Wow! I’ve been working on this non-stop! Yowza! I’m hoping to have all of the lyrics done for the 13th, but I don’t think that’ll happen. I added a few more songs, tonight I’ll work on the Missing Links.
- Okay, I don’t think I’ll be getting all of the lyrics done. That’s pretty hard. I’ll have a bunch though. Hmm… maybe I should just post-pone the opening until Micky’s birthday? Nah, I think I’ll keep it on Thursday. Yes, Thursday. I want my site up and ready and everything. So, I won’t have all the lyrics, so I’m going to add some quizzes, that’ll be cooler. Yep. :)
February 10, 2003
- I haven’t really added much yet, but I’m going to work on the “Headquarters” lyrics. Right now, my site isn’t online, I’m just adding all of the stuff, this is just a journal right now, not informing people of anything though because no one can read this but me. But anyway, I’ve decided that I will open the site to the public on February 13, so I have to really get working! In case you did not know, February 13 is Peter’s birthday, so that why it’s on that day! :)
- I have all of the Headquarters Lyrics, Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd. Lyrics and some Head Lyrics! I also have a few The Birds, The Bees & The Monkees Lyrics.
February 9, 2003
- Although yesterday I made the site, all I did was make the home page. Now, I have all the different pages and you can actually get to them! Added a few little things to each section, not much now though.
- I currently have all of The Monkees Lyrics and More Of The Monkees Lyrics, but no song details yet. I think I’ll add all the lyrics, then work on the rest of the site, and then do the details.
February 8, 2003
- Today I officially made the site. I tried quite a few other layouts and names (“Daydream Believer” and “Cuddly Toy”) but finally decided on sunshine factory. When I first heard about The Monkees and once I heard about “Sunny Girlfriend” I wanted to hear it, since I use sunshine for all my user names and everything. I finally heard it and thought it was cool, so when I made this site I decided to call it “Sunshine Factory” (see the first line of the song if you don’t know what I’m talking about. It’s at the bottom of every page) So, yeah. Here we are, Sunshine Factory!