Laugh 2

Chapter 1: Gonna Buy Me A Dog

Well, it’s been about a month or so since we last left the group. They got out of the chicken that ate them, ’cause, well, it ended up it was all just a dream. Yep. Anyway, Peter, Cindy, and Mr. Schneider were hanging out at the pad, while everyone else was out having fun.

“Ooh, Peter, can we get a dog? Can we?” Cindy asked, jumping up and down.

“A dog? I don’t think Mr. Babbit would approve,” he told her.

Cindy pouted. “Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease?” she begged.

“Weeeell…” Peter said. Cindy looked at him with puppy dog eyes (eww). “Well… alright,” Peter finally gave in.

“YEEEEE­AAAAAAAAA­HHHHHH!!!11!­oneone!!111” Cindy cried, hugged Peter. She bounced around the room.

“Hey, shotgun,” said Mike to everyone, coming in the front door, followed by Jenny.

“Hey, shotgun,” said Jenny to everyone, coming in the front door, following Mike.

“Hi!” cried Cindy. She ran over to Jenny and started jumping around. “Guess-what-guess-what-guess-what-guess-what!” she yelled, grabbing Jenny’s shoulders.

“Whoa, there, shotgun!” Jenny said, holding Cindy still, “What’s going on?” she asked.

“PETER SAID I CAN HAVE A DOG! ISN’T THAT GREAT?!?!”

“Uh, sure.”

“’Ey, fellas! ’Ave you seen Aaaallysoon anywheh?” asked Davy, entering from the back door.

“I think she went to her friend’s house,” said Peter.

Meanwhile…

“She will be mine,” said the voice. “Oh yes, she will be mine…”

Now wasn’t that a nice little scene? Yes. Yes it was.

And now, back to our story…

Back in the pad, the phone rang.

“’Ello?” Davy answered. He handed the phone to Cindy, “It’s for you,” he said. Cindy bounced over to him.

“Heeeeello?” she answered, “…oh, hey! GUESSWHAT! IMGETTINGADOG!… What?… Sure, okay… See ya…” she said. Cindy hung up the phone, grabbed her coat, and started out the door.

“Who was that?” Peter asked.

“Heather. She’s at some place, and she wants me to go see them for some reason,” she told him.

“Some place? Some reason? Why is that?” Jenny asked.

“To advance they plot, dumb dumb!” replied Cindy, “Anyway, Heather said Alison’s getting impatient, and I need to go now.”

Upon hearing Alison’s name, Davy jumped up.

“Ooh! Wheh are they? Can I come?” he asked.

“No, I don’t think so,” Cindy said. Davy frowned. “See you guys later!” Once the door was closed, Peter sighed.

“What’s wrong?” asked Jenny.

Peter sighed again, “Nothing, never mind,” he said, and hurried into the downstairs bedroom. Jenny looked to Davy, but he shrugged and went into the bathroom to check his hair.

“Now, why does everyone leave as soon as we enter the room?” Mike asked Jenny, placing his hands on his hips.

“Well, actually, we were here for this whole scene so far!” said Jenny.

“What? No, we weren’t. We came in on ‘hey shotgun’, see here?” Mike said, showing her the script.

“No, no, no. That was in scene one. Scene two was the seemingly unnecessary “She Will Be Mine” scene, which the viewer will later find out is actually very pivotal. Now we’re in scene three, and since we were here already in scene one, we were here this whole scene!” Jenny explained.

“Oh, right. You’re very smart,” Mike said.

“I know,” said Jenny.

“GET ON WITH IT!” yelled Davy, from the bathroom.

“Right… ‘why does everyone leave’… oh, here we are! JENNY:” said Jenny, “I don’t know… why do you ask? Do you mind being left… alone… with… me?

Mike chuckled, “Nah, you’re a pretty groovy chick…” he said.

“Aww, thanks,” she said, leaning in closer for a kiss, but then, Micky came in the door.

Jenny groaned and flopped back on the chair.

“Hey, where is everybody?” Micky asked.

Suddenly, the door burst open. A slightly nerdy looking young man with dark brown hair and wearing a light blue shirt and jeans entered the pad.

“Hey! Who are you?” Micky asked.

“Where is she?” the man asked, looking around the pad frantically.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold it there, shotgun!” Mike told him, “Now, who are you?”

“My name’s Joe; I’m looking for Heather.”

“Hey!” Micky gasped, “I remember you! You were in the first part of the story!”

“Story…?” Joe asked.

“Well, let me tell you one thing, mister!” Micky cried, “You’re the dirtay rat that killed mah brothah!” Micky poked Joe’s chest repeatedly.

“Not a bit like Cagney,” said Jenny.

“A Beatles reference in a Monkees story?” Joe asked, “Er, maybe I should leave; this place is a little too strange for me.”

“No!” cried Heather, running through the front door. Jenny glared at Heather. “I mean… okay.”

Joe dejectedly left the pad.

Shortly after, Alison arrived at the pad.

“Heather! What happened? We were at the mall, and then you just disappeared!” Alison yelled, breathless from running all the way back to the pad.

“Alison! Oh, ’ow I’ve missed you!” cried Davy, running out of the bathroom and smothering her.

“Davy, I’ve only been gone an hour!” she cried, pushing him away.

Then Jenny yawned. Why? Because everyone had been in the same position for months before the story was finally written some more.

And then Cindy came in the door. “Hey! Why’d you leave me alone?” she asked Heather, then sniffled. “I’m gonna cry now…” she said and went out the back door.

“Oh, Alison! I love you so much!” Davy cried dramatically.

Alison groaned. “Uh, I’m going to go, uh… to my friend’s house…” she said.

“’Old on, girl,” Davy said, “This friend doesn’t ’appen ta be a boy, now does ’e?”

“Of course not! I only love you, Davy!” Alison said, rolling her eyes. She quickly slipped out the front door.

Davy sighed and went to his room, as Peter emerged, looking rather depressed.

“Hey, Pete, what’s up?” asked Mike.

Peter sighed, “Oh, nothing… I’m going to go pick out a dog for Cindy.”

“Dog? Did someone say something about a dog?!” Cindy yelled, running into the house, “A dog? Where? I wanna see da cute lil’ puppyyyyy!!!”

“No, no one said anything about a dog, Cindy,” Peter told her. Cindy frowned and went back outside. Peter shook his head and left for the pet store.

An hour or so later, Peter returned with a dog. As soon as he stepped in the door, Cindy ran in, since she could smell the dog from far, far away.

“YAAAAAAAAY!­Adog!­Adog!­I’vegotadog!­ThankyouPeter!­Iloveyousomuch!­Adog!­Adog!­Yaaaaay!” Cindy cried, and hugged the dog, then Peter, then the dog again, and then bounced around the room, holding the dog in her arms.

Suddenly, the door burst open. It was the slightly nerdish young man again.

Heather slid down the banister. “Joe!” she yelled.

“Heather! Just the person I was looking for!” Joe said. “Hey, that curly haired dude… he isn’t here, is he?”

“Oh, you mean Micky? No, he’s gone…” she giggled.

“That’s good… anyway, I’m sorry for running away like that earlier, but… hey, what’s that thing?” he asked, pointing to Cindy.

“That’s Cindy; she’s really weird.”

“Ah, I see… anyway, I wanted to know if you wanted to come steal toilet paper with me!”

“AHHH! Oh my gosh! I’d love to!” Heather cried and smiled, “Let’s go!” and the two of them left the house to go and steal toilet paper… how romantic!

Soon, Jenny returned from wherever it was that she went.

“I’m back from Texas!” Jenny announced. Then, a look of anxiety came across her face.

“Mike? Mike?” she cried, looking around the pad frantically. “Mi… What in the world?” she mumbled, looking at Cindy.

“YIPYIPYIPEEEE!!!!!­DOG­DOG­DOG­DOG­DOG­DOG­DOG­DOG!!1!!one!!!1!”

Mike ran down the stairs when he heard Jenny, “What is it?” he asked.

“Oh, I’ve missed you so much! I’ve been so bored without you! I love you so much! Now let’s kiss!” she said, grabbing him.

But suddenly, everything went black.

They had been hit over the head with some sort of mallet thing. Ouch.

“Mwhahahahaha….” said a figure in black. “Cindy… oh Ciiiiiindy!

“DOGDOG­DOGDOG­DOGDOG­DOGDOG­DOGDOG!”

“SHUT UP ABOUT THE DOG ALREADY!” came Micky’s voice from upstairs.

The figure groaned, ran upstairs, and knocked Micky out as well, then dragged him downstairs and put him in the pile with the Jenny and Mike.

“Now, Cindy, I need you to shut up for minute—” the figure said pleasantly.

“DOGDOG­DOGDOG­DOGDOG­DOGDOG­DOGDOG!”

“—OR I’LL SPIT ON YOU!”

“AHHHHHHH!” Cindy cried, then stopped bouncing. “Meep.”

“That’s better… now, my sweet, you need to come with me,” the figure said, pushing Cindy gently towards the door.

“Why do I need to come with you?” Cindy asked.

“Because it says so in the script!”

“Oh. Works for me!” she said and followed him out the door.

Chapter 2: Then She’s Gone

“Oh, Joe, I’ve had such a wonderful time. We really should steal toilet paper more often!” Heather said, returning to the pad with the nerdy guy.

“I’ve had a great time too, Heather,” Joe replied.

Jenny sniffed the air, because it smelled weird. “Hey, the air smells weird,” she said, then everyone else started sniffing.

“Ooo, white-out!” Heather said.

“Mike’s mommy invented white-out,” Jenny said proudly.

“Hey, aren’t you supposed to be unconscious?” asked Joe.

“Oh yeah!” Jenny said, and knocked herself out.

“Hey, wait! That smells like Mark!” Heather cried.

“Yeah, he smells really bad,” said Joe.

“Yeah, he does.”

“Hey, where’s Cindy?”

“Yeah, where’s Cindy? I’m a pineapple!”

“What?” asked Joe.

“Never mind,” said Heather. “We have to save Cindy!” she cried, then looked around. “Ha ha, Mike’s unconscious… oh no, Micky! Are you alright?” she asked, kneeling down beside him.

“Whaa?” Micky asked, slowly regaining consciousness.

“Cindy’s been Cindy-napped!”

“Whaa?” asked Micky.

“SHE’S GONE!” Heather cried.

“Hey, you learn pretty fast,” Micky remarked.

“ARP!” cried Heather.

By this time, Peter and Davy had both woken up and ran into the living room to find out what all the fuss was about.

“’Ey, what’s all the fuss about?” asked Davy.

“Cindy’s been Cindy-napped!” cried Heather.

“Oh, who cares?” asked Davy, going back to his room. Peter began to cry. A few seconds later, Davy ran back to the living room. “Where’s Alison? Has she come back from her friend’s house yet?” he asked.

“No, I don’t know where she is,” Heather told him.

“C’mon, guys, let’s go find Cindy!” Joe yelled, pumping his fist in the air.

“Yeah!”

“Woo!”

“ARP!”

So then Davy, Micky, Peter, Joe, and Heather all left to go find Cindy.

“Hey! Heeeeey! What about meeeee?” asked Jenny, getting up from the ground again. She looked around and realized everyone was gone. “Mike? Mike? Waaaah! Miiiiike!”

Then Mike woke up and sat up beside her, “Right here, shotgun.”

“Are you alright, Nezzypoo?” she asked.

“Yes, ah am. Are you alright?”

“Yeah.”

“Hey, I got an idea!” Mike said.

“Yeah, let’s kiss!” said Jenny.

“No, I mean… well, okay…” Mike giggled.

Joe ran in through the door.

“Hey, c’mon, you guys! We gotta go save Cindy!” he cried.

“AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!” Jenny screamed. She tried to go strangle Joe, but then Heather ran in and tried to strangle Jenny, so then Mike went to strangle her, but then Joe went to strangle him, but Jenny was already strangling him so, uhh… they all fell down. Ha ha.

Anyway, Davy, Micky, and Peter were on their way to go find Cindy.

“Okay, you go check on the beach, you go check by the mall, and I’ll go check out those scary secret headquarters over there.”

“Right!”

“SCARY SECRET HEADQUARTERS?!?!” they all cried, then jumped 984.7 feet in the air, then ran back to the pad, where they found a pile of people on the floor.

“Oh no, not again!” said Davy, who woke up Heather and got her to bring the rest of the group back to consciousness using her super powers.

So then Mike, Davy, Peter, Micky, Heather, Joe, and Jenny all left to look for Cindy. But Cindy didn’t look for Cindy. Because she knew where Cindy was. At least I hope so.

Chapter 3: I Know About The Guy Who Treated You So Bad

“Now Cindy, I am going to tell you my plan…”

“I don’t wanna hear your stupid plan!” Cindy cried. She was locked in the dungeon of the scary secret headquarters and was forced to listen to Mark’s plan and smell Mark’s smell.

“First, we are going to escape to Mexico, and we will get remarried!” he said.

“I don’t like Mexico!” Cindy said.

“Fine, Brazil.”

“Well, Mexico’s nice…”

“Then, after we are married, we will go on our honeymoon in…”

“No! I am not getting married to you!”

“Shut up! I won’t hear it!” Mark cried and covered his ears. “La la la, I can’t hear yooooou!”

Cindy folded her arms. “Stop being so immature.”

“Right, yes, my plan. My ninth plan. Plan nine. It deals with the resurrection of the recent dead…”

What?

“I mean, uh, we come back here and kidnap all your little friends, mwhahaha!”

“Friends? They aren’t my friends; they just kidnapped me and brought me to this weird house. They’re nerds,” Cindy told him, hoping he would at least leave them alone. Cindy’s so considerate; Jenny would never have said that.

“Nerds? They aren’t nerds! Your friends are cool! Especially Alison…” Mark sighed.

“Hey, speaking of Alison, I wonder where she’s been this whole time?” Cindy wondered.

Mark grinned evilly. “Mwhaha… she’s right here…!” he said, opening a door to reveal Alison.

“Mark… you are my master…” she said, as if in a trance.

“What have you done to her?” Cindy cried.

Alison turned and looked at Cindy. “Nah, man, I’m always like this…”

“Alison is now my wife as well,” Mark informed Cindy. “Oh, Cindy, don’t be sad; you can share me. There’s enough Mark for everyone!”

“Let me out right now,” Cindy said threateningly.

“Or what?” Mark challenged.

“Or… I’ll… I’ll… umm… I’ll scream!” Cindy told him.

“Go ahead and scream; no one will hear you,” Mark smirked.

“PEEEEEEETTTTTTTTEEEEERRRR!” Cindy cried.

Meanwhile…

“Alright, now what are we gonna do?” Davy asked, looking around.

“Well, lissen here now, I’ve got a plan,” said Mike. Everyone huddled around. Mike lowered his voice to a whisper, “Okay, we’re all gonna go up to those secret scary headquarters, and we’ll just pretend everything is GAROOVY.”

“And then what?” asked Heather.

“Uh, well, that’s it,” Mike said.

“Well, that’s a dumb plan!” Heather said.

“Hey!” Jenny cried, offended.

“Come on, let’s go!” said Davy, and they all headed off to the scary secret headquarters. But suddenly, they heard a scream.

“PEEEEEEETTTTTTTTEEEEERRRR!”

“Where did that come from?” asked Micky.

“Certainly not from those secret scary headquarters,” said Joe.

“Hey, maybe it’s the secret headquarters next door to the aforementioned secret headquarters?” suggested Jenny.

“Yeah, that’s probably it!” said Mike. “Let’s kiss!”

“Okay!” said Jenny.

“Blech! Stop it with this mushy stuff already, you two!” cried Micky, walking in between them and waving his arms. Jenny glared at him.

“Hurry up!” cried Heather. “We don’t have much time!”

Back in the scary headquarters (not the one next door to the one where Cindy, Mark, and Alison were, but the one where they were, not the one where they weren’t)…

“Be quiet!” Mark yelled, covering Cindy’s mouth.

Suddenly, Heather, Joe, Jenny, and The Monkees burst through the door to the headquarters.

“We found you!” cried Micky.

“What? That’s impossible!” Mark gasped.

“Alison!” cried Davy, running towards her.

“Ew! Get away from me, you freak!” Alison cried, then began to giggle. “Oh my god! Davy! Do that dance thing! Oh my god! That dance! It’s so funny!” she laughed. Davy made a face, but then started to Davy Dance.

“No no no!” Alison told him. “The one that you did in that movie! The stoner movie!”

Movie?” Davy asked.

“Yeah, you know, in the box?”

“Years ago, I knew a maaa-ah-ha-ah-haaan…” Davy began to sing.

“No no no, what the heck is that? No! The toy box song!” Alison said.

“You saw that?” Davy asked, incredulously. He started doing the dance number from 33 ⅓ Revolutions Per Monkee.

“Yay!” Alison applauded when he was finished, then hugged him. “Oh, Davy, I love you!” Davy grinned.

“BLECH!” Mark cried. “What is going on here? Alison! Come here!”

“Shut up, Mark!” Alison yelled at him and gave Davy a big kiss. “I wuv vu sooo much!”

Meanwhile, Peter had found a key to Cindy’s cell and released her.

“Peter! Thank you for saving me!” Cindy smiled.

“ARP!” cried Heather.

“Wait, hang on…” said Alison. “I think I like Mark now.”

“What?” cried Davy exasperatedly.

“Yes, yes, I do like Mark now,” she said. Alison left Davy and ran to Mark’s side.

“Mwhahaha!” he laughed, squeezing Alison. “Fine, you can take Cindy, but I still have Alison.”

“Ooh! Not Alison!” cried Davy.

“What about me?” asked Cindy.

“Who cares?” said Davy.

“Whoa!” Mark remarked, looking down at Davy, “I never even saw you there! Man, you sure are short!” he chuckled.

“Ooh! Mike! Mike! He got me right in the kidneys! Ooh!” Davy cried, retreating.

Mike rolled up his sleeves and marched over to Mark. “Now, you listen here! You are gonna leave me and my friends alone, or ah will just have to do something about it!”

“Yay!” cried Jenny jumping up and down. “Go Mike! Woo! Yeah! M-I-K-E, MIKE! Woo!”

“Now, what do you have to say about that?” Mike challenged.

“Ohhhhh!” Jenny fanned herself.

Mark smirked. “I say… try and stop me!” Mark grabbed Alison and flew out the door.

“Well, now what?” asked Joe.

“Yeah, now what, Mike?” asked Micky.

“Hey, I just asked that!” Joe said.

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah!”

“Well, I don’t think anyone told you you could ask that!”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah!”

“Well that’s too bad Mr. Dolenz!”

“Well that’s too bad for you Mr. Din… Dine… Dini… Mr. Joe!”

“Yeah, well, Heather loves me!”

“GASP! She does not!”

“Does too!”

“Does not!”

“Does too!”

“Does not!”

“Stop!” Heather cried, stepping in between them.

“Well, which one of us do you love?” asked Joe,.

“Yeah, which one?” asked Micky.

“I… uh… I…. uh… um…”

“Choose one!” Joe urged.

Heather stuttered, “I… I love… I love… J-M-Jo-Mi-Joe-Mic-Micky! I love Micky!”

“Well, that was unrealistic,” Heather-reading-this-story says.

“Hurray!” cried Micky, picking Heather and spinning her around the room. “Groovy! Outta sight!”

Joe sniffled. “Well, guess I’ll be going now.” Joe sadly walked off the set… er, out of the headquarters.

“Ah, well, isn’t this a happy ending?” asked Mike, “Cindy and Peter are back together, and Micky and Heather and together, and me and Jenny are…”

“Yes, yes, very happy; now let’s kiss!” said Jenny.

“What about me?” asked Davy.

“SHUT UP!” Jenny cried, flew across the room, jumped into Mike’s arms, and gave him a big kiss! Then they both sneezed and were knocked to the ground.

“Oh my god, Mike and Jenny are allergic to each other!” Heather yelled.

“What? NO!” Jenny cried. “…I can’t be allergic to you! Let’s try again!” Jenny grabbed Mike by the collar and gave him a kiss.

…and no one sneezed! (Except for Peter, because he had a cold).

“YAY, IT WAS A FLUKE! WE’RE NOT ALLERGIC! HURRAY!” Jenny cried.

“You know, we really should help Alison,” Mike told her.

Jenny grumbled, “Fine, let’s go back to the pad.”

“What?” asked Davy. “Alison isn’t at the pad!”

“No, but that’s what it says in the script,” Jenny told him.

“Ooh! Okay!”

So they all went back to the pad.

Chapter 4: Gonna Buy Me Another Dog

After half an hour of sitting around in the pad, Davy got up and walked over to Jenny.

“Hey! Where’s Alison?” he asked her.

“I dunno,” she said.

“Well, why don’t we go look for her?”

“I dunno.”

“Is that all you can say?”

“I dunno.”

“If you hate Mike, say ‘I dunno’.”

“…”

“Right then, where is she?”

“I dunno.”

Davy threw his arms in the air and started pacing around the pad.

“Hey, Peter, when are we gonna get a dog?” asked Cindy.

“We already have a dog! Remember when you were jumping around for the whole day?” Peter reminded her.

“Oh, yeah. But that dog isn’t even real,” Cindy pointed out, gesturing to the stuffed toy sitting on top of the fridge. “Can we get a real dog? Can we, can we?”

Peter groaned, but eventually agreed.

“YAAAAAAAAAAAY!” cried Cindy jumping up. Then they skipped out the door all the way to the pet shop to buy a dog.

“I just can’t stand it anymore!” cried Davy, “I’m gonna go find Alison!” Davy started towards the door, but when he realized no one was following, he said, “Isn’t anyone gonna come help me?”

Heather sighed. “Okay, I’ll come. I guess she’s kind of a good friend.” Davy smiled, and they set off to look for Alison.

Meanwhile…

“YAAAAAY!” cried Cindy jumping up and down, “DOGS!” Peter sighed.

“Ooh, I like this dog, Peter! He’s cute! Aww…”

“No, no, this dog, Peter! Let’s get him…!”

“Aww…. just look at this one, Peter…”

“Hey Cindy?” Peter asked.

“Not now, Peter, I’m gonna get a dog!” Cindy said.

“But Cindy—”

“I don’t think you heard me correctly! I’m getting a…

DOG!

she screamed. Peter cringed.

“Oh, um, well, I was just gonna say, what about that dog over there?” Peter asked, pointing at a lime green poodle with polka dot stripes behind Cindy. The poodle stuck its paw out of the cage and tapped Cindy on the back.

“Awwww! It’s so cuuuuute!” she cried. Then she looked in the next cage and saw Snoopy! “SNOOPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!one!!!1!!!!!11!” she cried. “I want Snoopy! We have to get Snoopy, Peter! We have to!”

“Okay, fine.”

“YAY!”

Anyway, now we are going to see what was happening with Davy and Heather looking for Alison…

“Hmm, so where do you think we should look first?” asked Heather.

“I was thinkin’ maybe the ’eadquarters would be a good place to start.” Davy said.

“Sure!” said Heather, and so they started off towards the headquarters. Not the album, but the place.

“Hey, uh, listen…” Davy said nervously, “if uh… we can’t find Alison, uh…”

“No, no, it’s okay Davy, we’ll find her,” Heather reassured him.

“Well, uh, if we don’t… would you be my girlfriend?”

“What?!?!?” asked Heather, wide-eyed. She then fell over on the ground and started laughing so hard she almost died. But she didn’t. Good thing, too, or else I’d have to add another chapter for a funeral or something.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” said Davy, helping her up from the ground.

Then, Mike and Micky ran up to them to report that they had found Alison and Mark.

“Where? Oh, where? Alison, my darling, I’m coming!” Davy cried dramatically.

“This way!” Mike said, running towards the beach. They reached a cliff near the edge of the water. Alison and Mark were having a picnic.

“Oh, Mark, I love you so much!”

“And I love you so much, Alison!”

“BLECH!” cried Micky, which cause Alison and Mark to jump up.

“What are you doing here?” Mark asked.

“We’re saving Alison, that’s what we’re doing!” Davy told him.

“You can’t do that!” Mark gasped.

“Too bad,” said Davy as menacingly as he could. And that’s not very menacingly. Anyway, he grabbed Alison away from Mark.

“Alison, please, listen to me, darling,” he said, “I love you, and even if you don’t love me, you shouldn’t be with this Mark guy; ’e doesn’t deserve a groovy girl like you.”

Alison wiped a tear away from her face, then said quietly, “Thanks, Davy,” and hugged him.

“What is going on here?” Mark cried, pulling his hair out, “Alison, if we can’t have a stable relationship, I’m leaving!”

“Fine!” she said, and stuck her tongue out at him.

Suddenly, Cindy, Peter, Jenny, and Snoopy all ran over to join the others.

“Alison! You’re here!” Cindy cried.

“YAY!” everyone cried.

“Hey, remember in the first part of the story… I mean, back when we first met you guys?” Heather asked, “When we did a romp? Can we do that again?”

“Why, sure, we can, shotgun!” Mike told her, and they all ran around and did a romp to the song, uh… “She Hangs Out”. Yeah. And Davy danced. And Alison laughed. Oh, how she laughed.

Chapter 5: Oh, And Our Good Times Start And End

It was a few months later, and Cindy and Peter had just been married. Everyone was on the beach, where the wedding had taken place earlier.

Peter and Cindy were dancing. Micky and Heather were dancing. Mike and Jenny were sitting at a table refusing to dance. Alison was talking to some friends, and Davy was flirting with some chick.

Heather heard footsteps behind her (which was awful hard with the music playing, but I guess she has good hearing). She turned around and gasped. “J… Joe?”

Joe nodded. Heather gave him a hug. “I’ve missed you so much! Where have you been?” she asked.

“Well, I left for awhile, went on this train, but then I realized I couldn’t stay away from you so long…”

“That means the show was cancelled!” Jenny shouted.

“SHUT UP!” Joe yelled back, “…so, I came here. To you,” Joe told Heather.

“Hey… you’re that, that… Joe!” Micky said.

“Yeah, hey, listen, Micky, no hard feelings,” Joe told him. He held out his hand, and asked, “Friends?”

Micky looked at Joe for a moment, then shook hands. “Friends,” he nodded.

“Great. Hey, so I can I have Heather, yeah?”

“What? No!”

“Sorry, just kidding,” Joe said. Micky glared at him.

“So, what were you saying before, Joe?” Heather asked him.

“Oh, yeah! I moved into the house across the street from you guys!”

“That’s great!” Heather cried, jumping up and down.

Micky looked worried. “Hey, Joe, could I talk to you for a minute?” Micky asked him, pulling him aside.

“Listen, man, I’m not trying to steal Heather from you, I just…”

“I know that, Joe… friends, right? Heather’s been kinda down since you left, and I can tell she really missed you,” Micky told him. “I just wanted to let you know that, well, I guess, I’m glad you’re back.”

Joe grinned, and they went to sit down with Heather.

The party was slowly coming to an end, and people were stopping by to congratulate the couple before leaving. Alison’s friends had all left, so she was now by herself.

Davy went up to the stage and whispered something to the band, then cleared his throat. “Excuse me, I, uh… would like to sing a song now,” he said, looking out at the small audience, then cleared his throat again before starting to sing.

I’ll be true to you, yes I will
I’ll be true to you, yes I will
I won’t look twice when the other girls go by
I’ll be true to you, yes I will

He looked down at Alison, and began singing directly to her. Alison looked away, embarrassed.

I used to be the kind
Who said that every girl’s the same
And love was just a game for having fun
But when I looked at you
I knew that I was wrong
And that I really could belong to only one

When Davy was finished, he walked off the stage and over to Alison. Alison jumped into Davy’s arms.

“Oh, Davy… I love you!” she cried.

Davy hugged her. “So, are we back together now?” he asked. Alison nodded.

“YAY!” everyone cried, and stood up clapping. Cindy had a sudden urge to bounce around, but she contained herself and smiled happily. She had went to bouncing therapy for awhile and was now completely normal. I hope. The girls and The Monkees stayed at the beach until everyone else left, then returned to the pad.

Peter and Cindy were singing and skipping around the room happily, Heather and Micky were planning their own wedding, Alison and Davy were gazing at each other dreamily, and Jenny and Mike were shaking their heads, wondering why they had such weird friends.

“I love your eyes,” Davy said.

“I love your eyes,” Alison repeated.

“I love your hair,” Davy told her.

“I love your hair.”

“I love your neck.”

“I love your neck.”

“I love your q—”

Suddenly, the door burst open!

“MARK!” cried Cindy, hiding behind Peter.

“Hey! J-dawg!” he yelled at Jenny. She gave him an odd look. “I want to be in the story more!” Mark complained.

“No, get outta here Mark!” Jenny told him.

“MARK!” cried Alison.

“NOOOOOOOOO!” cried Davy.

Alison ran over to Mark and hugged him. “Aww, let him stay, Jenny, please?” she asked.

“Fine, fine,” Jenny said, folding her arms.

“No! That’s not fair! Why are you always pickin’ on little ol’ David?” Davy groaned, “Why can’t I have a girlfriend?”

“Hey, she doesn’t even like you!” Mark told him.

“But I sang to her! I bet you can’t sing!” yelled Davy.

“I bet I can!” Mark said, putting his hands on his hips. “Remember my musical number?”

“Oh, Mark, listen…” Alison told him, patting him on the back, “I love Davy very, very, much. Y’see, he does this cute little dance thing…” she said and began to giggle just thinking about it, “Well, anyway, you can be my alternate boyfriend if you want.”

“Hmm… alternate boyfriend, huh?” Mark said scratching his head, “Sounds good to me! See you later!” And then he left.

Davy grinned, “I love you, Alison.”

“I love you too, Davy.”

Just then, the door burst open!

Mike turned to the camera and said, “We really need to get a lock.”

“Hello, I’m looking for my friend, Ringo, have any of you seen ’im?” the man asked.

“PAUL MCCARTNEY!” cried Jenny.

“Noooo!” cried Heather.

“What’s wrong?” Jenny asked.

“I refuse to be in a story with another bunch of weirdos! These Monkees are bad enough! They don’t pay me enough for this!” Heather shook her head.

“Right, um, back to Ringo, then?” Paul said.

“Hm, I think you should check the police station,” Jenny said. She whispered something to Paul.

Paul gave her an odd look and said, “Are you kidding?” then walked away and laughed.

Peter went over to the television and picked up the rubber chicken lying on top of it.

“Hey, guys, what’s this?” he asked, about to squeeze it.

“No, Peter! Don’t!” Cindy cried, reaching out to grab it from him, but it was too late.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Epilogue

I know, I know, you all want to know the answer to that burning question…
“Is there really enough Mark for everyone?”
But you’ll have to wait until the third story to find out. Ha ha.